Thursday, August 19, 2010

Roof Roof Roof!

We dropped by the house yesterday for a visit and found it shingled! This was very exciting for me as I saw they took very good care not to use broken or defective ones. I was happy. I initially took a walk around to look at all of our new windows in the back (some of them gigantic) and was greeted by two dogs from our neighbours on the left. They came running and I didn't know their intentions... so I just kind kept going around with purpose. Turns out they were friendly and wanted to be my best friend... who'd have thought. The only problem was getting them to leave. I had to take a stern tone and order them away... which they obeyed. It's nice to have dogs. Things inside are coming along nicely. We have some roughed in plumbing and electrical, most of which where it's supposed to be. Insulation is up in the basement and some of the upper parts I could see. The exterior still needs some work but hey, at this rate the whole thing could be done by the time we're home from Vegas.

We've been having some issues getting in touch with someone to quote for re tiling our upstairs bathroom. The gentleman who was suggested "forgot" about our appointment and told me "Oh sorry dude, I totally forgot", I said I'd call him if we felt like giving him another chance. I have since not. I know trades people are a different breed all together, but as someone who deals with trades and subs for a living you can get a good impression from someone by the level of professionalism they display. Sometimes not, I like to give people a chance...

Well Meg might post some pictures before we leave, but that should be it before we get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment